Tuesday 13 September 2011

Introducing the i doodle garden blog

Hello, and thank you for reading my first post!

I’m Jenny, a 21 year old about to embark on my second year of a Landscape and Garden Design foundation degree.

Why write a blog?

Over the summer it has dawned on me that as a student I am rarely in contact with fellow designers, the gardening community or even potential clients. I think a blog is a great way to air my thoughts and ideas on Garden Design to a wider audience and in return I hope receive your advice, ideas and views. 


Gardening Globally

I would love to learn about gardens, garden design, plants and techniques from around the world, and what better way to contact the world then through the net? I'm learning in the UK, so if you do something differently where you are let me know!

What else?

I love drawing flowers and plants, and will be showcasing my illustrations on the blog (see my carnations background, and poppy profile picture!)

What next?

I will begin posting in earnest next week when I start college, so please keep your eye out and happy harvest. In the meantime feel free to add any suggestions as to what you would like to read.


2 comments:

  1. Hi - welcome to the blogosphere :)

    I think what you're doing is an excellent idea - a place to jot down your ideas, learning etc is just what blogging's good for.

    NB It's also a good thing for your CV too - you can show off your designs etc and show you've got good communication skills. I know that whether the entrants for this year's Chris Beadshaw Mentorship at Malvern Show blogged was considered as part of who got the award.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look forward to seeing some of your work and lovely drawings

    ReplyDelete